Assigning an availability zone to a storage volume
NOTE: This feature is only available for HDD storage volumes. It will be available for SSD storage volumes soon.
In order to assign an availability zone to a new storage volume, do the following:
- Log in to the Data Center Designer.
- Open an existing data center.
- Create a new data center.
- Add a new storage volume (HDD) to a virtual server.
- Select a storage zone from the Availability Zone list. When you select A - Auto, our system assigns the best zone available.
- (Optional) Repeat the steps for further storage volumes.
- (Optional) Make further changes to your data center as necessary.
- Start provisioning by clicking the corresponding button.
- NOTE: Once assigned, the availability zone of a storage volume cannot be changed. In order to change the availability zone of a storage volume after provisioning, you can, however, create a snapshot, assign a different zone to a new storage volume and provision it using the snapshot.
The availability zone has been assigned to the storage volume.